Today, I will (finally) review Jewel Pop's Faerie Dust Mineral Blush which I have been using religiously for 3 months now. Right off the bat, I fell in love with the packaging, not only because it's pink, but also the label that it has on the lid. This is the old packaging, by the way, and the team of Jewel Pop already improved on their line which made them decide to re-design their packaging.
The back has minimal information about the product. No ingredients information, whatsoever, but I am pretty sure before you purchase this item, you will be able to see all those information posted as the caption in the product album in their Facebook page.
The tub contains 15 grams of product which, for me, is a hefty amount of product considering its price. Which leads me to that, this retails for Php300.00 (around $7.70). This particular blush is in the shade of BL-07, which is a good bronzer/contour powder for my skin tone.
During the time that I received this, the owner customized the shade to compliment my skin tone, but due to inquiries about this product, they have decided to make it a permanent shade. Let me summarize the good and negative points about this product. Please bear in mind that I have oily/combination sensitive skin, results may vary depending on your skin type.
- the packaging, size wise and overall look, meets my expectations. what I also like about it is that it fits perfectly to any makeup bag I have, may it be for school or for vacations, it's good that I can bring this everyday.
- it has a bit of shimmer to it which is something I like to give me that sun-kissed effect and natural glow. Even though this is a blush, I like to use it as my contour/bronzing powder.
- it does have a pink-ish undertone but being someone who has a warm skin undertone, it compliments me very well!
- blends very well
- a little dip of brush in the tub goes a LONG way!
- price is very affordable for such amount of product
- and finally, the most important, I did not break out
I only have one (1), or maybe two (2) negative points, which is just a minimal point.
- First, I just wish they add in few more details about the product (ingredients, etc.) so that lazy people like me who sometimes don't read information online will be able to see those details on the product label.
Second, and lastly, I just wish they also include MFG and EXP date (manufacturing and expiration date) so we are aware on when it will expire.
UPDATE: as per research and as per the owner, what's good about mineral products is that since it is all natural, it can last a long time which is the reason why they did not include MFG and EXP dates in the packaging. This is also the reason why other mineral products, such as Maybelline's Mineral Powder and Elana Cosmetics (already pulled all their stocks from SM) doesn't have such information in their packaging.
After using this for 3 months, it has totally changed my mind set about mineral products. I usually stir away from mineral products, especially mineral powders, because I broke out once after using Maybelline's mineral powder foundation. Since then, I avoided such products. BUT this has totally changed my mind.
I love how this gives me a natural sun-kissed look compared to other bronzing/contour products that gives you a harsh streak of product on your face even after blending it well. I will definitely re-purchase this item once I ran out and by far, this is my holy grail amongst other similar products that I have.
MORE IMAGES AND SWATCHES
DISCLAIMER: Product has been sent by Jewel Pop! Cosmetics for review purposes. I have used this product for 3 months and all details posted above are from my own words and is 100% unbiased.